Our Role in Colorado Tech's Continued Growth: A Letter from the CEO
Happy new year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are geared up for another big year of making Colorado a leader in tech innovation. We’re grateful for an incredible 2017 and have wasted no time working to make 2018 a banner year for our community.
We’re proud of the steps we made in 2017 as a leader in the tech community, focused on pushing our state to new heights. A few highlights stand out, such as:
• Launching SheTech Explorer Day Colorado, a day-long immersive STEM event for female high school students
• Advocating for six new pieces of legislation that were signed by the governor, including the Modern Technology Education in Public Schools bill • Logging 1,500+ miles on Colorado Tech Tour as we held meaningful discussions with entrepreneurs, educators and leaders across the state
• Receiving the most APEX Awards nominations ever in its 17-year history, a testament to the growth we see every day in the community
• Winning Technology Collaborator of the Year at the Colorado Business Roundtable Collaboration in Industry Awards for our work with partners across the state
Looking forward, we have big plans for 2018. Through the lens of our four organizational pillars of advocacy, talent, economic development and community, we aim to:
• Advocate on behalf of all tech companies, from emerging to enterprise, for regulation that keeps pace with innovation, limits patchwork policies, protects consumers and enables statewide access to reliable broadband • Help companies attract, retain and grow a talented workforce by pursuing a progressive culture of diversity and work-based learning techniques
• Promote economic development opportunities across the state, including our rural areas, to capitalize on each region’s strength and the momentum our state has as the definitive tech hub between the coasts
• Catalyze high-impact partnerships and initiatives within the public and private sectors that elevate our ecosystem, including Startup Colorado, Colorado Smart Cities Alliance, Colorado Venture Summit, Colorado Demo Day and Colorado Workforce Development Council.
Making all of this happen takes a lot of collaboration and hard work, but we’re thrilled to work on your behalf. Much of it is made possible by our largest fundraiser of the year, C-Level @ A Mile High, where our community builds strong relationships and business gets done. Join me there on Thursday, March 15 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High and here’s to a successful 2018!