Giving Back to Improve Education
C-Level marks the beginning of spring at CTA – and if the energy of C-Level is any indication of the year ahead, we are off and running fast. Thank you all for making the event a success.
Spring is a busy time in the technology economy as it is a time for renewal and focus on moving the state forward through innovation and technology. The legislature is in session and our policy makers are working hard to improve the technology climate in Colorado, with workforce and education at the top of the priority list for 2015. And April is a very busy month of technology events – with organizations like Go Code Colorado kicking off its annual contest and program. Spring is a time filled with activity and energy in technology – and a great time to get more involved in our community.
As you think about your engagement with CTA, know that this year we have more ways to engage in the dialogue around STEM education with new programs, events and activities. With the launch of the Colorado Technology Foundation in September, CTA is building a platform for members to measure impact in this important discussion in Colorado.
Here are some highlights so far from 2015:
- Launched our Career Connections program for high school students. Companies have already hosted more than 50 Denver Public Schools students interested in technology careers.
- Launched STEMworks in partnership with Change the Equation and The Colorado Education Initiative to build a database of vetted, quality pre-K - 12 STEM programs in Colorado. Programs will be announced in July.
- Ready to pilot a Summer Internships program for college juniors, seniors and entry-level workers. The pilot will host a cohort of 10 interns at various companies doing project-based work in the tech space.
- Partnered in Colorado efforts for the White House TechHire initiative as one of 20 pilot regions across the nation.
- Gathered stakeholders for the Denver Metro IT Sector Partnership. The output will be an annual Tech Talent Needs Report outlining career pathways and in-demand tech occupations.
We are working to convene the best leaders in Colorado and help where technology meets education. There has not been a more important time to get involved in this discussion and we would be excited to have your help and engagement as we continue to build momentum with our programs, initiatives and partnerships. To jumpstart this, please let us know how you’d like to engage.
The impact we can have together will move Colorado in a new direction.